There are various benefits in being a citizen of Turkey as a Pakistani citizen. Last year, there were talks about dual citizenship between Turkey and Pakistan. And with its application, it’s become even easier to apply for Turkish citizenship.
So, what exactly are the benefits of Turkish Citizenship for a Pakistani citizen?
- Visa-free travel to 51 countries for Turkey as opposed to Pakistan’s 6.
- Visa on arrival/eVisa for 43 countries for Turkey compared to Pakistan’s 29.
- Free Health Care
- Citizenship for spouses and children under 18
- Invest and work in Turkey.
- High investment potential.
- Centralized location for business and travel to Europe.
- High standard of living.
Applying for a Turkish Citizenship as a Pakistani
Through the Citizenship By Investment program, the process of applying for Turkish Citizenship is similar to other nationalities. They can be done in several different ways.
- Purchase a property or group of properties with a sum value of $250,000. The purchase can be in Lira or any currency of equal value. The property cannot be sold for at least 3 years.
- Buy Government bonds worth $500,000 which cannot be sold for 3 years.
- Deposit an amount of USD 500,000 in Banks operating in Turkey, provided that they are not withdrawn for at least 3 years.
- Register a business in Turkey that can create 50 jobs at the minimum.
While there are several methods, by far the most common and easiest method is to buy property in Turkey. We’ve written a guide on how to apply for citizenship in Turkey through property investment.
Essentially, you’ll have to purchase the property or properties of your choice which should be worth at least USD 250,000. An assessment report will be made by the relevant government authorities.
After which you start an application with the Directorate of Land Registry in Turkey. The process is straightforward and will take you around 2-6 months.
There are various benefits associated with Turkish citizenship, and with the planned Dual Citizenship, there are even more reasons to start looking. So start searching for the property of your dreams now!