There are various benefits to being a Turkish citizen, whether it’s access to free healthcare or visa-free travel to over 110 countries. And with the Citizenship by Investment Program, it has never been easier.
In this guide, we’ll tell you the benefits, and how to go about it.
Benefits of a Turkish Citizenship
- Visa-free travel to 110 countries. Japan, Singapore, Qatar, Mauritius, South Africa, Hong Kong, and South Korea, to name a few
- Citizenship is for life and is hereditary. Dependent family members under the age of 18 get citizenship as well
- Free health care
- Free primary and secondary education
- Permanent right of residence
- The right to work and invest in Turkey
Ease of application
Turkey has made it extremely easy to apply for citizenship. Unlike certain countries, in Turkey for citizenship through investment, there are much fewer requirements.
- Knowing Turkish isn’t required
- No need to stay in the country for a set amount of time
- No extended waiting period before starting an application
- You do not need to be present in the country during the citizenship application
Process of Applying for a Turkish Citizenship
The process of applying for citizenship in Turkey is also very simple.
- Be from a country approved for the program
- Purchase a property worth USD 250,000. Purchases can also be multiple properties adding up to USD 250,000
- The property must be held for at least 3 years
- A “property assessment report” will be made by the relevant authorities
- An application should be made to the Directorate of Land Registry
If the conditions are met and the contract is signed, the Directorate of Land Registry approves a certificate of conformity.
At this point, you are almost at the finish line. The process usually takes about 2-6 months after which you get all the perks and benefits associated with a Turkish passport.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started looking for your ideal property now.